Thursday, March 5, 2009

Inert

Without all the musings into soul and mind, I don't know if my desire to blog would be as keen.  Knowing that it can't be all heavy-worded explorations, today's entry is going to try to spare that. Some goings on for me: 
I am wearing what could be the most awesome shirt in the world.  This is the kind of shirt that doesn't belong in normal settings but is best left for the June days spent at the lake (for you coastal residents, the beach).  Today has been warm, almost hot, and I just can't help but think of my fondest memories of summer.
 
The rain will start falling soon, an event a man of my interests looks forward to.  The rains come down, and the floods go up.  While that spells soggy basements for others, to me it means I get to paddle.  Hopefully this season I can earn some legitimate injuries and war stories, since that's an automatic membership into the panty-dropping extreme sports club. Haha

I have been in school for the past 15 years of my life.  That's a long time, and I can't believe some people actually punish themselves by remaining part of the educational system well into their late 20's.  Everything I learn is just retained long enough to regurgitate onto a test, then quickly disposed of.  I'm sure college meant something to someone once upon a time, but I have lost interest.  If I wasn't being paid to go, I wouldn't.  Ok, maybe I would.  But honestly, why did I spend the first two years learning things from high school all over again? Jesus/ God/ Muhammed/ Abba, or as most of you know him, President Obama should focus on why that is.  

Politically, I am unaffiliated and uninterested.  It's mental masturbation, like religion.  Why don't people just grow up and get the job done instead of talking about who did what, and whose earmarks add up to more pork.  The founding fathers counted on our politicians to perform on behalf of their honor and integrity, read the Federalist papers if you think such things are wishful thinking.  Washington was a unanimous selection for President, turned down the offer to be king, and bowed out after he did what he came to do.  Nut tuggers like Harry Reid and Roy Blunt should remember what their role is, and not what they want it to be.  

Tomorrow I have a question to discuss, but on a scrumtrelescent Friday such as this I had to be more light.  

2 comments:

  1. Is that a real word?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scrumtrelescent. Will Ferrell uses it on Inside the Actor's Studio, he made it up to describe how he felt. The English language held no other adjectives that would work, at the time

    ReplyDelete