Thursday, November 19, 2009

Counseling

I made such a big deal about my search of mental health treatment, and now I am going to write about it.  I have had less than 10 sessions thus far, and, after finding the write provider for me, I am finally starting to make some progress.  At first, I was seeing a woman who was a bit... wishy washy.  She did not direct me, did not advise me, did not offer new insights, just kept me going in a mental circle.  And believe me, if I wanted that, I could sit in my room in the dark and listen to my internal dialogue all day. 
The other person I have found to be insightful, sharp, and more equipped to wade through and disentangle the important things from the remainder of my mental dissertations.  She is helping me just say stuff, and is, for once, removing me from my mind.  I am able to feel things more, to escape the cognitive trappings that wait for me. 
No major revelations yet, but I anticipate things will get better as I continue.  For now, I can say without question that I want to go to counseling every day and never want it to end.  I always feel better when I leave, and it is something to look forward to throughout the week.  Hopefully I can find some things out, so that I can have other things to look forward to throughout the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment